Do you want to support Danish companies with hands-on business development activities, and boost Danish companies’ export efforts in India?
DI’s office in India is currently looking for highly motivated interns to assist Danish companies in India for 1-2 semesters.
As an intern, you will become a part of an experienced team of colleagues located in Chennai and Mumbai. Our team in India advises and supports Danish companies wanting to explore, expand, establish, or operate their business in India.
You will be an integrated part of the team’s daily work in promoting Danish exports and helping Danish companies exploit the opportunities of the large and growing Indian market.
About the job
We are looking for one-two responsible and passionate person(s), with the courage to take on different tasks within business development, project-related work, and communication. Tasks may include:
- analyze market potential for different sectors in India, as well as developing market analyses, reports, and presentations
- research and contact Danish companies with current or potential interest in the Indian market
- support project planning and implementation
- help coordinate and host Danish delegations visiting India
- communicate India’s economic and political development to stakeholders via social media and short articles
- identify and contact potential partners and buyers of Danish solutions in India
- support the team with ad hoc assignments
What we expect from you
We are looking for a responsible and passionate person with an interest in emerging markets, India, and business development.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An understanding of and interest in Danish companies’ core competencies
- Detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high quality
- Good interpersonal skills, personal initiative, and propensity for team collaboration
- Mature and robust person, preferably with experience from previous traveling in challenging countries
- Can sustain an overview and high spirit, also when balancing multiple assignments concurrently
- Oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English and Danish, both written and spoken
- The ideal candidate is a master student
What you will gain
- Deep insights into emerging and the Indian market, across several sectors
- The possibility of working with both small and larger Danish companies
- Option to be part of a team of ambitious and passionate colleagues.
- Opportunity for personal growth, through daily interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- A steep learning curve which will give you a unique opportunity to shape your daily tasks and develop your competencies
You will be working from our office in Mumbai or Chennai. The internship will likely start with an introduction to DI at our headquarter in Copenhagen, Denmark for 1-2 weeks.
The duration of the position is 5-11 months starting August 2024 (we’ll agree on a specific date). The normal working week is 40 hours, and overtime work is expected to occur during specific periods. However, we can organize reduced working hours in periods when you need time off in specific periods to write your assignments. The internship is usually eligible for credits and therefore also SU. This also means that the internship is unpaid, but DI partially reimburses costs related to housing. Previously, interns have succeeded in seeking grants for partial coverage of expenses.
Deadline, application, and questions
If you have any questions, please reach out to Business Development Director; Jesper Bollerup Gade; JEGA@di.dk
Please submit your application (max. one A4), CV, and relevant documents via the application button. The application deadline is March 4, 2024.
If you are interested in international business development and are looking for a chance to gain international experience – then this internship is for you. We are looking forward to reading your application.
- DI India has a local presence in both Mumbai and Chennai. In total, we have a team of eight team members with a Danish General Manager and a mix of Danish and Indian colleagues. We work closely with our colleagues in DI in Copenhagen and local partners in India. In our offices, we also have employees from other Danish companies, who are working in India via DI’s “Own Man in India” service.
- DI India is a part of the unit DI International Business Development. At DI’s unit DI International Business Development (DIBD) we support our member companies with building and growing their business in international markets. We provide advisory and support through our office in Copenhagen and our international offices in the US, Germany, China, and India, and via partners in Brazil, Mexico, and Australia. Our services include among others market analysis, networks, establishment of own subsidiary, recruitment, hosting of employees and administration.
- The Confederation of Danish Industry – DI – is Denmark's largest, most international, and influential business and employers' organization, covering manufacturing as well as service industries across sectors such as transport, energy, IT, health, trade, and professional services.